HOME
 
About
	
REQUEST THIS BLOGGER
	
Book Update



A guide for writers with or without published work. A comprehensive resource that every writer should have in their library in order to learn how to publish, promote, and market themselves on the Internet.







Is your book project ready for the next E-Revolution?








Wednesday, March 28, 2012

ARTICLE: Does Article Marketing Still Work?

By

  Expert Author Sean R Mize
I get a lot of questions these days about "does article marketing work as well as it used to?"

And I'm sometimes tempted to say, well, rankings are down for some articles, so you might need to find other traffic sources. But then I look back at my per-article stats and find that today's well-written article gets about as many views as an article did 5 years ago, and I look at my per-article subscriber stats and find they are similar, and so on. And each time I look at the stats, I still have to conclude that article marketing is just as effective as it was 5 years ago.

So why all the hullabaloo about how article marketing isn't working anymore?

Frankly, I think it's mostly media confusion created by mostly people who lost page rankings post-panda, they have sour grapes about article marketing because they were doing it wrong (Google has NEVER condoned writing the same article and changing a few words and submitting it to 1000's of sites - so they simply enforced what they always said they wouldn't tolerate, people got mad and now say article marketing doesn't work.) And who knows, maybe they are all right.

But it is still working for me. In fact, I STILL get new subscribers from articles I have written 5 years ago. They are still online. People read them. And I still get traffic.

Now, having said all this, I believe you should combine article marketing with other organic traffic sources. So instead of just writing 10 articles a day and submitting all of them to your favorite article directory, I suggest putting 5 on the directory, and put the other 5 on 5 different blog sites or forums, and put links pointing to the articles you put in your favorite article directory.

So you might put one on your site, put one on a site where you guest-blog, one on a forum where you have positioned yourself as an industry or niche expert, one on someone else's site, and one on an industry or niche site.

Then promote all the articles to your list, to your Facebook contacts, to your linked in contacts, etc. Suggest people like them, Google+ them, etc. so that you gain some real social traction for your articles.

The key here is promotion. You want to get maximum eyeballs to all the articles, and the best way to do that is to have all the articles promoting a few other instances of your articles on different sites. Get people linking to them in their Google+ accounts, Facebook walls, linked in profiles and pages, and everywhere else where people are interacting with you.

By the way, do you want see an example of how I market using articles? Go to this link, you will see how I convert articles to dollars: Sean Mize example.

Also, to read what Glen Ford says about me: Sean Mize
Article Source: http://EzineArticles.com/?expert=Sean_R_Mize


 Download the book that will help you understand your journey on the Internet. ONLY $5!
IS YOUR LITERARY PROJECT READY FOR THE EBOOK REVOLUTION?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Download the book that will help you understand your journey on the Internet. ONLY $5!

IS YOUR LITERARY PROJECT READY FOR THE EBOOK REVOLUTION?






COMING SOON: