HOME
 
About
	
REQUEST THIS BLOGGER
	
Book Update



A guide for writers with or without published work. A comprehensive resource that every writer should have in their library in order to learn how to publish, promote, and market themselves on the Internet.







Is your book project ready for the next E-Revolution?








Friday, September 17, 2010

[Motown Writers Network] Broadside Press Poets Theater: Sunday Sept 19, 3 p.m. -



 
A LEGACY OF POETRY FROM BROADSIDE PRESS, NOW IN ITS 45TH YEAR

Broadside
Press Poets' Theater takes place on the University of
Detroit-Mercy's McNichols Campus the third Sunday of each month. For
more information, contact Rosemary Weatherston, director, Dudley
Randall Center for Print Culture at weatherr@udmercy.edu or Aurora
Harris at aurora917@gmail.com 313 673-6313

WELCOME BACK POETS! 

Broadside Press' Poets' Theater
Sunday, September 19, 2010
U of D Mercy Campus  McNichols and Livernois  3:00 pm - 6:00 pm 
OPEN MIC AFTER THE FEATURED READER

Broadside Press will hold its Broadside Poets Theater in the Grounds Coffee House, located on campus in the lower level of the Student Union Building near the Livernois Entrance.  Guest parking is the first lot to the right of the security station when you enter.

FEATURING:  YVETTE PERRY-KAHARI   also known as Get_Christie_Love:

The Poet's  Statement:   As Get_Christie_Love,  I began writing poetry as a past-time in 2002. I had no idea the blessing that the art would have on my life. I have been involved in educational events, a PBS special, and an independent film in Canada, all because of poetry. My family is prolific, creative and artistic. My grandmother could make Jesus walk on cotton balls for Sunday school. My uncle used to hand tool and stitch saddlebags before the arts and crafts kits were around. My aunt painted a Picasso inspired Black Jesus.

Regarding the poetry, I have self-published 5 chapbook,  and co-authored one book with Suttwa, who is a savant and piano virtuoso. My web board OpenAir is where I house my work. I also have a closet of poems I wrote and posted on the Def Jam poetry board.

Love and fear.  They are the dichotomous springboards for my creativity. I hop from one to the other, I write while suspended between the two.




if you would like to be a featured reader, contact Aurora at aurora917@gmail.com

1 comment:

  1. Giving away free content and resources on your site is a great way to attract your target market and get repeat visitors to your site. It’s the bait in your site.

    cary

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Download the book that will help you understand your journey on the Internet. ONLY $5!

IS YOUR LITERARY PROJECT READY FOR THE EBOOK REVOLUTION?






COMING SOON: